Ideas to present on for future meetings based on desires from atendees and some of my own thoughts:
Basic installation with an FXO line, a soft phone, IP phone and ATA. This could be a fairly in-depth topic and may need to be split into two.
· Probably start out with TrixBox as that seems to be what people are installing.
· Add an FXO Card
· Configure a soft phone
· Make an inbound and outbound call.
· Add an IP phone
· Add an ATA
· Spend a little time discussing NAT issues with RTP.
· Configure Asterisk to live behind NAT
· Get one or more ATA’s working through NAT
· Spend a little time discussing security issues with allowing connections from the public internet.
Discussion of call-forwarding your local PSTN line to a VOIP number.
· Eliminate Echo by reducing the number of 2-4 wire conversions
· Multiple inbound and outbound calls
· Call Forwarding vs. Qwest Followme
· Built in Echo Canceling
· High Performance Echo Canceling
· Third Party Software based Echo Canceling
· Hardware based Echo Canceling
Security (Voip-Hacks book)
· Review top 10 security issues
· Try to hack someone’s asterisk system using this book.
Bluetooth Channel Driver
· Making inbound and outbound calls
Monthly Dialplan command
· Someone presents for 5 minutes (or more) .
· Different command each month
· We’ve done several on text to speech, this is the natural next step.
· Using MySQL in the dialplan to get data.
Channel Bank Hardware
· Connecting to the PSTIn with a T1 board and a channel bank
· Using channel banks for analog phones
· New and used prices and markets.
How do you spell Asterisk and VoIP?
How do you say each of them?